Click to view an Adobe Acrobat PDF document developed for non-residents of Canada explaining the processes and Canadian taxes involved in owning rental properties in Canada.

The "Rental Property Investment by Non-Residents of Canada" document was prepared by Rob Hulstein who is a chartered accountant with KPMG in Vernon, specializing in the area of taxation. Mr. Hulstein is the firm's primary contact in the BC Interior region when dealing with investment in rental properties by non-residents of Canada. His expertise includes not only the broader areas of Canadian income tax, but specific experience with the Goods and Services Tax ("GST") and the Canadian income tax and withholding tax consequences with respect to non-residents buying, renting and selling Canadian rental properties. Rob can be reached via phone at (250)-503-5311, fax at (250)-545-6440, or email at

Priscilla & Company - RE/MAX Vernon

Don Kassa - RE/MAX Vernon